Treatment of a wide variety of mental health problems
- Mood Disorders (e.g. depression, bipolar disorder, etc.)
- Anxiety Disorders (e.g. panic attacks, generalized anxiety, etc.)
- Adult Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorders (ADHD)
- Disorders unique to women (e.g. postpartum depression, PMDD, etc.)
- Those characterized by difficulties in relationships, self-defeating behavior, conflict avoidance, problems dealing with feelings in a productive fashion, and other "personality" problems that prevent one from reaching one's full potential and satisfaction in life.
Individual Adult Psychotherapies
• Davanloo’s Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (D-ISTDP) What is "ISTDP"?
• Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy
• Multiple other psychotherapeutic modalities are also available.
• With a focus on productive communication and emotional closeness
• As a physician, Dr. Kassir is skilled in the use of medication.
• Dr. Kassir believes it is always best to minimize the use of medication.
Dr. Kassir is a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) and, like all other physicians, he completed medical school and residency. Dr. Kassir is a Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, a Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association, and faculty of the California Institute for Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy. Accordingly, Dr. Kassir is a skilled and qualified physician who can perform psychotherapy ("talk therapy"), and prescribe medication if necessary.
After residency, he completed 9 additional years of special training in providing psychotherapy, also known as "talk therapy" or "counseling". In this training, he became an expert in practicing an advanced, precise, and rapid form of therapy known as Intensive Short-Term Dynamic Psychotherapy (ISTDP). He also enjoys facility with the application of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, and other forms of psychotherapy.
Dr. Kassir is a physician specially trained and certified to treat opioid dependence under the Drug Addiction Treatment Act of 2000. He is therefore qualified to provide office-based treatment of those patients who have become addicted to prescription opioids (like OxyContin, Vicodin, Percocet, others) and illicit opioids (like heroin).
You may also wish to peruse Dr. Kassir's abbreviated curriculum vitae.